Starting Now is a non-for-profit organization. Our goal is simple, financial independence & equity for all. We enable people to access credible information & resources, connect with others over shared interests and take constructive actions on the issues that matter most to them to accomplish their financial independence & equity. This will be done via a unique delivery system to improve their financial opportunities and track changes.
Over the last 10 years, financial markets have become increasingly unstable worldwide. Due to uncalculated credit risks, there have been immeasurable losses. As a result, all financial institutions have tightened the restrictions requisite for extending credit to buy a home, car, start a business, etc. across all asset classes. Even obtaining employment has been affected by credit.
- Higher credit risk and delinquencies since 2008 have caused lenders to tighten guidelines and increase the parameters of credit worthy borrower.
- In spite of it being free, 65 % or nearly 148 million people have not ordered a copy of their credit report in the past year
- Nearly one-third of consumers do not know their credit score
- Nearly four in five adults agree that they would benefit from advice and answers to everyday financial questions from a professional
- Nearly 1 in 3 Americans is “unbanked” or “underbanked” and- despite significant efforts by regulators, consumer advocates, and leading financial institutions, this figure has remained largely unchanged since 2009.